This highly interactive, two-day institute at Yale University in New Haven, CT provides school administrators and educators like you with the foundational skills and tools to bring RULER to your school or district.
RULER is a CASEL SELect, evidence-based approach for social and emotional learning co-developed by Marc Brackett, Ph.D., and colleagues at the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence. RULER helps students, educators, and families develop the emotional intelligence skills needed to make sound decisions, foster healthy relationships, enhance well-being, and achieve desired outcomes at school, home, and in the workplace.
Benefits of RULER:
- Positive shifts in school climate
- Enhanced academic performance
- Better quality relationships
- Less bullying and aggressive behavior
$6,000 per school for up to three participants, which includes:
- Two-day workshop at Yale
- Access to the RULER online community, which includes comprehensive resources to support implementation
- Two RULER online courses for all school staff
- Four web-based or phone coaching sessions (per implementation team, to be used over the academic year immediately following the training)
- Daily refreshments and lunch during in-person training
Additional participants can attend at a cost of $1,500 each. We ask schools to send at least three team members to the training, including the school leader. This “implementation team” then goes back and trains the rest of school staff. School teams must take advantage of their four coaching sessions within the academic year after attending the training.
Please note: Accommodations are the responsibility of the attendee. Room blocks will be available at a discounted rate. More information will be available upon acceptance.
Each individual from your school team must complete a separate application.
The application deadline is May 1, 2017.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.